Saturday, October 9, 2021

Debut of Wild Goose Witchery

South Loop Studio Tour

 

With the big art tour canceled a few of us jumped in to do a limited tour. We had the stock to sell, our studios were clean. It seemed a waste to go into another Christmas season with product but no income. We quickly and cheaply produced a brochure, an advertising campaign just using social media and a press release or two. The results were way better than expected.

It inspired me to produce new product designs as well as amass more inventory of the old favorites like bowl cozies. I am currently producing 16 of those (six being for an order). Seems they make excellent Christmas gifts. But I wanted another product equal to the six pocket tote. Ergo the six pocket folio.

Inside view of the six pocket folio


Outside of the six pocket folio


I still need a unique closure of some sort and working on scrap leather and decorative beads. But meantime it is in field testing. I have a second one not completely put together but the original has found a home with me on my computer desk where it holds tasks for the day and goes with into my Explorer to keep things organized. That is effecting closure design. Do not want that too inhibiting. 

Meanwhile fans of Wild Goose Witchery are suggesting other creations to work on. Terry Atkin Rowe sent me the pattern for these storage pods.

Storage pods Love From Beth


Beth has an Etsy shop which sells many innovative patterns. I am at least making three of these from my vrbo next door to hold the disposable "in house slippers" I have ordered to keep my new floors clean during ski season. But whether or not they become a regular on the menu depends on so many things. Like popularity of the product. And that includes with me. I love making the Six Pocket Tote and the various herringbone mini totes. No two totes a like.




My fabric creations are really just painting with fabric so as I stare at the pattern I am looking at a way to personalize it and insert another color feature. Maybe a pocket high inside to put your house and car keys? Input from fans welcome though the less zippers the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Buttons Find a Home

  Messenger Bags with buttons and beads I love buttons. Mother had an old fruit cake tin full of buttons. They were from her mother and gran...