Thursday, July 8, 2021

Wild Goose Wizardry

Hats and Bags and Boxes


Getting started by fits and starts. One thing I knew was no clothing. That has to fit. Too many years in costuming to want to go back to that. Hats and boxes were an immediate hit. And my little accessory bags. Necessity urged me to explore totes. I am getting too old to carry a purse over my shoulder but fabric totes are way lighter.


Accessory bag and tote


Most patterns are for people only wanting to do one bag. But since I wanted to once be an architect adjusting the floor plans seemed very easy. 



And before I knew it I had three or four basic designs like the designer tote, the beach tote and the messenger bag in various sizes. Now I am on to accessories beyond the basic cosmetic bag; sunglass cases, tablet cozy. Currently working on designs for the cellphone plus bag with changeable straps. The plus is pockets for cards and cash and a key. 

Now I am on to getting sew in tags made which of course required a name for the tag. I settled on Wild Goose Witchery or WGW in memory of my father who named our popup camper Wild Goose. The Fabric Arts by Jacqui does seem like a popup. It can be quickly folded up and ready to leave town. Pack the fabric and the sewing machine, and do not forget the camera and it the road.

Fabric boxes


Tablet Cozy









No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Buttons Find a Home

  Messenger Bags with buttons and beads I love buttons. Mother had an old fruit cake tin full of buttons. They were from her mother and gran...