Friday, October 22, 2021

Extra Buttons Find a Home

 

Messenger Bags with buttons and beads


I love buttons. Mother had an old fruit cake tin full of buttons. They were from her mother and grandmother. I would spend hours when I sewed most of my own clothes looking through that tin to find four or five buttons which matched. Before Mother would consign a garment to the rag pile she would cut off all the buttons and put them in the tin. I no longer have the tin, and have used a lot of those buttons, but I still collect buttons. At thrift stores I have bought items I didn't like and knew I would never wear just so I could cut off the buttons.

I have gotten to the point where I ask myself why must buttons match. And I still keep extra buttons I particularly like. They are in the same category as pocket rocks and sea shells. I have begun to use them, along with extra beads to make fasteners for purses or folios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Extra Buttons Find a Home

  Messenger Bags with buttons and beads I love buttons. Mother had an old fruit cake tin full of buttons. They were from her mother and gran...